An overview about me.
I am a businesswoman with 17 years of experience in the corporate world and was a director and manager at VIP Payroll (now SAGE). While working at VIP Payroll I attended many photography workshops and courses and started doing freelance work in my spare time.
Wianelle has always had a keen interest in architecture and decided to do her fourth year specialist study on Architectural Photography. She focused on award-winning South African architecture with cultural, political and aesthetic significance. Her study explored the essence of architectural concept at three award winning sites – Freedom Park in Pretoria, Red Location Cultural Precinct in Port Elizabeth, and the Ubuntu Community Centre in Zwide – Port Elizabeth. Wianelle’s book “Spirit of Place” , is the final result of her specialist study at NMMU. The book can be viewed online under “Publications”.
More about me
Photography and Related Work
Over and above straightforward art and architecture photography, I also offer other related products and services.
People often buy photographic prints. These are displayed in many boardrooms, homes, offices and hotels including the black and white images in the Radisson Blu Hotel in Port Elizabeth. Some of my images have also been displayed in London and Amsterdam at International Architecture Conventions.
Workshops and Lectures
I have lectured and hosted several architecture photography workshops including the Photography, Graphic Design and Architecture Departments at NMMU, ORMS Photography School in Cape Town and the Eastern Cape Institute of Architects (ECIA).
My business skills and experience in the corporate world have enabled me to offer the highest quality of professional services. I am able to tackle any project with confidence, regardless of size.
I see myself as a highly skilled and dedicated architectural and art photographer. To ensure that I offer the highest quality images to all my clients, I do all my own post-production editing using Adobe software such as Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge as well as NIK editing software.
My architecture photography experience includes photographing many religious, historical, corporate, residential and commercial buildings. My clients include architects, artists, property owners and developers, interior designers, civil engineers, construction management companies etc.
It is impossible to mention all the buildings that I have photographed in the past seven years, but I’ve included a list of recognisable buildings and brands.
- Houghton Mosque – Johannesburg
- Igualada Cemetery by Enrique Miralles – Barcelona
- MAXXI Museum by Zaha Hadid – Rome
- Freedom Park – Pretoria
- Red Location Precinct – Port Elizabeth
- Ubuntu Building – Zwide, Port Elizabeth
- Zeitz MOCAA – V & A Waterfront
- Baxter Theatre – UCT
- ABSA Bank – Sandton
- Barclay’s Bank Marshall Town
- Standard Bank Centre – CBD Cape Town
- Cape Town International Airport
- Menzies Aviation International Departure Lounges at all Airports in South Africa and Namibia
- Blue Route Shopping Mall – Cape Town
- Mall of Africa – Midrand
- Christiaan Barnard Memorial Hospital
- Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC)
- Nespresso V & A Waterfront
- Cape Union Mart V & A Waterfront
- Timberland V & A Waterfront
- Grootbos Hotel & Lodge
- Tsogo Sun Hotel
- Radisson Red Hotel – V & A Waterfront
- Silo Hotel – V & A Waterfront
I also specialise in art photography and have photographed many art works and installations. I have recently been appointed as the official photographer for the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA), where I have had the privilege to photograph art works of famous South African and International Artists such as William Kentridge, Mary Sibande, Nicholas Hlobo, Penny Siopis, Roger Ballen and many more.
I continue to work there on a weekly, freelance basis and document all artwork and installations.
My photographs have been published in magazines and publications such as
- VISI Magazine
- EarthWorks Magazine
- Architect and Builder
- Architecture Digest
- Coastal Contemporary Architecture of Nelson Mandela Bay: 200 – 2013 – Published by Albrecht Herholdt.
- My images of the Città Parangolé Installation in Rome will be published in a book by Zurich Architects – Professors Alfredo Brillembourg & Hubert Klumpner later this year.
Copyright © 2015 Wianelle Photography | All Rights Reserved.